To all ISA Members and Credential Holders residing in the UKI:
On behalf of the ISA Board of Directors and Executive Board of the UKI Chapter, we would like to inform you of a temporary but necessary change in service delivery in the UKI.
You may already be aware that members of the UKI Chapter Executive Board and the ISA Board of Directors have been in discussion regarding some concerns about matters related to the operation of the chapter. These conversations have been ongoing for more than two years.
While normally ISA makes every effort not to interfere with or impede chapter operations, in this case there have been some strategic and operational issues at the chapter level that require immediate attention.
To assist the chapter leadership with a transition in the location of the chapter office, ISA members will temporarily need to register for ISA membership and certification via the ISA website and or call or email the ISA Headquarter office in Champaign. ISA is working with the leadership of the chapter to assist with the administrative tasks until an alternative is sorted.
As a member of ISA or as an ISA credential holder, I’m sure you may have questions about what this means for you. ISA will continue to provide the following programs and services to ISA members, ISA credential holders, and arborists who reside in UKI.
- ISA members from UKI will still be eligible to fully participate on ISA committees.
- Competitors from the UKI chapter who have won eligibility to participate in the 2015 ITCC in Tampa will be eligible to complete.
- ISA members in UKI will continue to receive ISA membership benefits including Arborist News, Arboriculture and Urban Forestry, ISA Today and online access to the ISA members-only portion of the ISA website.
- All ISA credential holders will continue to be serviced by the ISA headquarters office. Certification exams, other than those already scheduled, will need to be offered temporarily in UKI exclusively as computer-based tests until an alternative solution has been identified.
- CEUs will be recorded for ISA credential holders when submitted to ISA Headquarters. ISA will provide an email address and FAX number for members to directly submit their earned CEUs to the ISA office.
- ISA will continue to allow UKI to provide CEU opportunities for ISA Certified Arborist in the UKI pursuant to ISA Certification Board policies.
- ISA will directly bill and accept payment for ISA member dues and credential fees.
In the event that you experience any service issues during this transition, I encourage you to contact Shelia Beaumier, ISA Membership and Component Relations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217.355.9411.
Thank you for your support of ISA and the arboriculture profession. I look forward to a continued relationship with the arboriculture community in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
ISA Executive Director
UKI Chapter President Elect