Updated December 2015
To all ISA Members and Credential Holders residing in the UKI:
On behalf of the ISA Board of Directors, we would like to inform you that earlier this year, the ISA undertook a survey of its membership within the United Kingdom and Ireland. The results from the survey indicated that the majority of those members and credential holders are in favor of the administration of their membership being managed locally, by another UK-based arboricultural organization. The ISA consequently approached the Arboricultural Association (AA).
The AA is in discussion with the ISA and is considering the benefits that an alliance would bring to our existing and future membership and the global networks which could be provided. Please watch out for updates on progress regarding this matter and more detailed communications in the next few weeks. For now, membership for the former Chapter members and Certifications are being managed by ISA International.
ISA will continue to provide the following programs and services to ISA members, ISA credential holders, and arborists who reside in UKI.
- ISA members from UKI will still be eligible to fully participate on ISA committees.
- ISA members in UKI will continue to receive ISA membership benefits including Arborist News, Arboriculture and Urban Forestry, ISA Today and online access to the ISA members-only portion of the ISA website.
- All ISA credential holders will continue to be serviced by the ISA headquarters office. Certification exams, other than those already scheduled, will need to be offered temporarily in UKI exclusively as computer-based tests until an alternative solution has been identified.
- CEUs will be recorded for ISA credential holders when submitted to ISA Headquarters. ISA will provide an email address and FAX number for members to directly submit their earned CEUs to the ISA office.
- ISA will continue to allow UKI to provide CEU opportunities for ISA Certified Arborist in the UKI pursuant to ISA Certification Board policies.
- ISA will directly bill and accept payment for ISA member dues and credential fees.
In the event that you experience any service issues during this transition, I encourage you to contact Shelia Beaumier, ISA Membership and Component Relations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217.355.9411.
Thank you for your support of ISA and the arboriculture profession. I look forward to a continued relationship with the arboriculture community in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
ISA Executive Director